Monday 10 April 2017

Thai sweet potato curry*

The competition is high but I think this Thai sweet potato curry, that I saw on the blog Pinch of Yum, is my favourite curry recipe of all times. Besides using both red and yellow curry pastes, which is delicious, it contains one of my favourite ingredients: sweet potato. I have done this recipe countless times now and I just don't know how could I not share it here before.



Time: 30 min.

Ingredients (4 people):
1 tbsp oil 
2 shallots, thinly sliced 
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed 
3-4 cups fresh baby spinach 
2-3 tbsp curry paste (red, yellow or both) 
400 ml coconut milk 
½ to 1 cup broth or water 
½ cup chopped peanuts and coriander 
Fish sauce to taste 
Rice

1. Start preparing the rice.


2. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and stir fry until soft and fragrant. Add the sweet potatoes and stir to coat with oil. Add the curry paste and stir until well-combined.


3. Add the coconut milk and broth and let it simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes Until thickened. Stir in the spinach until wilted.


4. Add half of the peanut/coriander mixture, reserving the rest for topping. Add a quick splash of fish sauce to the curry (this will just make the whole thing sing harmony in your mouth).


5. Serve over rice, topped with remaining peanuts and coriander.



*Thank you Pinch of Yum for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this recipe? Did you try it? I would love to hear about it!